Recognizing that it shares the Earth’s environment with the people of the future, the Ryoden Group understands that leaving a better global environment for future generations is an issue of major importance. We are therefore mindful that responding actively to environmental issues in the course of our business activities is a crucial mission. As a technology trading company that deploys components (parts and individual machines) and solutions (proposal-driven systems) in a wide range of fields, Ryoden practices “contributing to society and doing business in ways that earn the trust of customers,” as stated in the Ryoden Management Philosophy. For this reason, Ryoden positions environmental initiatives as its most important management issue. Ryoden will continue to move vigorously forward in handling environmentally friendly parts, products, systems, solutions and services. At the same time, we will strive to reduce the environmental impact of our business activities, manage the chemicals contained in our products, and support biodiversity.
The Ryoden Group works hard to effect continuous improvement of the environmental management systems it built and manages in accordance with its Basic Philosophy on the Environment. In advancing its business activities, the Group is guided by the following policies.
The Ryoden Group complies strictly with laws and regulations and responds to the demands of society and the requirements of its customers regarding environmental preservation.
1) The Group reduces environmental impact through measures such as reduction of greenhouse gas emissions, through the operation of its environmental management systems.
2) The Group provides and manages appropriate information in accordance with its systems for management of chemicals included in products.
3) The Group advances activities to contribute to society in consideration of biodiversity.
The Ryoden Group grapples with the following items as key themes in environmental management and reviews them regularly.
1) The Group actively engages with parts, products, systems, solutions and services that are effective in protecting the environment.
2) The Group conducts thorough environmental management in its offices and vehicles and takes effective environmental measures, including reducing waste, managing and processing waste effectively, saving energy and resources, and preventing pollution.
3) To lessen environmental impact, the Group advances environmental investment in a concerted and planned manner in all the equipment and fixtures required for its business activities.
The Group diligently informs everyone who works in the Ryoden Group or mainly for the Ryoden Group of its Basic Philosophy on the Environment and Environmental Policy. The Group also advances educational and awareness-raising activities to ensure that all personnel understand and apply the Basic Philosophy on the Environment and Environmental Policy. We review the Environmental Policy regularly and revise it as necessary.
The Ryoden Group discloses its policies to suppliers, partners and affiliated companies and relays related information, aiming for reductions in greenhouse gas emissions across its entire supply chain, in a spirit of joint development and cooperation.
The Group publishes the Basic Philosophy on the Environment and Environmental Policy to the general public, in both paper and electronic form.